Welcome to Week Three of #ThursThreads!
It's Thursday, so what should you be doing? Writing #FlashFiction, that's what! And I've got the challenge for you. This is the last Thursday of 2011 and the new year looms brightly on the horizon. Take the challenge and run with it!
Here's how it works:
- The prompt is a line from the previous week's winning tale.
- The prompt can appear ANYWHERE in your story and is included in your word count.
Rules to the Game:
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
- Incorporate the prompt anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
- Post your story in the comments section of this post
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging)
- Include your Twitter handle or email (so we know how to find you)
- The challenge is open 7 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time
- The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up. ;)
How it benefits you:
- You get a nifty cool badge to display on your blog or site (because we're all about promotion - you know you are!)
- You get instant recognition of your writing prowess on this blog!
- Your writing colleagues shall announce and proclaim your greatness on Facebook, Twitter, and Google +
Our Judge for Week Three:
The thing that goes clank in the night, and cheesey, possibly sexy, word and weight wrangler, Rafe B.
And now your #ThursThreads Challenge, tying tales together.
"It had been so for centuries, but it had not always been so."
Away with you, Flash Fiction Fanatics, and show us your #ThursThread. Good luck! :)